REVIEW OF PERSONALIZED WEB-BASED LEARNING SYSTEMS
Benefits of Web-based education systems are clear: classroom independence and platform independence. The goal of this paper is to provide a review of different adaptive and intelligent WBE systems and their technologies. Besides, many research works are focused on psychological traits of the students namely their learning styles, cognitive styles and controls. Thus, this paper presents review of the work in the field of personalization in Web-based learning environments with emphasis on learning style.
2. Lin, L. Esmahi, and L. Poon, “Integrating Agents and Web Services into Adaptive Distributed Learning Environments,” Designing Distributed Learning Environments with Intelligent Software Agents, Lin Fuhua, ed., Idea Group (IGI), 2004, pp. 184–217.
3. B. Woolf, Building Intelligent Interactive Tutors: Student-Centered Strategies for Revolutionizing E-Learning, Morgan-Kaufmann, 2009.
5. D.Jovanović, M.Žižović, „Evaluating e-learning systems by personalization possibilites“, 4th International conference on Informatics, educational technology and new media in education, Sombor, 2007
6. P. Brusilovsky, “Adaptive Hypermedia,” User Modeling and User- Adapted Interaction, Ten Year Anniversary Issue, vol. 11, 2001, pp. 87-110.
7. E. Brown et al., “Reappraising Cognitive Styles in Adaptive Web Applications,” Proc. World Wide Web Conf., ACM Press, 2006, pp. 327–335.
8. D. Jovanovic, S.Ristić, M. Zizovic, “eLearning Personalization by Student’s Psychological Characteristics”, ICTP-2008, St Petersburg, Rusija, 2008.
9. S. Lajoie and S. Derry, “A Middle Camp for (Un)Intelligent Instructional Computing: An Introduction,” Computers as Cognitive Tools, Erlbaum, 1993, pp. 1–11.
10. M. Grignetti, C. Hausman, and L. Gould, “An Intelligent On-line Assistant and Tutor: NLS-SCHOLAR,” Proc. Nat’l Computer Conf., AFIPS Press, 1975, pp. 775–781.
11. B. Woolf, Building Intelligent Interactive Tutors: Student- Centered Strategies for Revolutionizing E-Learning, Morgan- Kaufmann, 2009.
12. Barr, A., Beard, M., and Atkinson, R. C.: „The computer as tutorial laboratory: the Stanford BIP project“. International Journal on the Man-Machine Studies 8, 5 (1976) 567-596
13. Anderson, J. R. and Reiser, B.: The LISP tutor. Byte 10, 4 (1985) 159-175
14. Weber, G.: Individual selection of examples in an intelligent learning environment. Journal of Artificial Intelligence in Education 7, 1 (1996) 3-31
15. Brusilovsky, P. and Pesin, L.: An intelligent learning environment for CDS/ISIS users. In: Levonen, J. J. and Tukianinen, M. T. (eds.) Proc. of The interdisciplinary workshop on complex learning in computer environments (CLCE94), Joensuu, Finland, EIC (1994) 29- 33
16. Hohl, H., Böcker, H.-D., and Gunzenhäuser, R.: Hypadapter: An adaptive hypertext system for exploratory learning and programming. User Modeling and User-Adapted Interaction 6, 2- 3 (1996) 131-156
17. Buch, K., & Bartley, S. (2002). Learning style and training delivery mode preference. Journal of Workplace Learning, 14(1), 5- 10.
18. Dunn, R. (1996). How to implement and supervise a learning style program. VA: ACSD.
19. Atkinson, S. (1998). Cognitive style in the context of design and technology work. Educational Psychology, 18(2), 183-194
20. Hong, H., & Kinshuk. (2004, June). Adaptation to student learning styles in web-based educational systems. In L. Cantoni & C. Mcloughlin (Eds.), Proceedings of ED-MEDIA 2004 - World Conference on Educational Multimedia, Hypermedia & Telecommunications (pp. 491-496), Lugano, Switzerland.
21. Wolf, C. (2002). iWeaver: Towards an interactive Web-based adaptive learning environment to address individual learning styles. European Journal of Distance Learning.
22. M.Grigoriadou, K.Papanikolaou, H.Kornilakis, G.Magoulas, INSPIRE: An INtelligent System for Personalized Instruction in a Remote Environment, User-Modelling and User-Adapted Interaction, vol. 13, no. 3, pp. 213-267, 2003.
Copyright (c) 2010 BizInfo (Blace) Journal of Economics, Management and Informatics
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.