INSPIRATIONAL COMMUNICATION LEADER AND INFLUENCE ON THE MOTIVATION OF FOLLOWERS
Formulating and articulating a vision assumes one of the basic techniques of leadership in inspiring followers. However, it is not enough to simply state where the organization is located in the future or what are its global aspirations. Rhetorical skills of leadership and symbolic content of his post exercise strong influence over its followers. Communication of positive messages and encouragement that spreads enthusiasm and optimism in the ability to fulfill the goals of the organization, the leader expressed strong confidence in the knowledge and skills of their employees, which affects their self-perception and self-efficacy.
2. Bass, M. B., Avolio and Avolio, B. J. (1990). „The implications of transactional and transformational leadership for individual, team and organizational development“. In Woodman, R. W. And Pasmore, W. A. „Research in organizational shange and development, 4, 231-272. Greenwich, CT: JAI Press.
3. Bass, B. M. (1985). Leadership and Performance Beyond Expectations. Free Press, New York, NY. Po navodima Bass, M. B. (1995). “Theory of transformational leadership redux”, Leadership Quarterly, 6(4).
4. Awamleh, R., Gardner, L. W. (1999), „Perceptions of leader charisma and effectiveness: The effects of vision content, delivery, and organizational performance“, Leadership Quarterly, 10(3), 345-373.
5. Densten, L. I. (2002), “Clarifying inspirational motivation and its relationship to extra effort”, Leadership and Organization Development Journal, 23(1), 40-44.
6. Conger, A. J. (1991), “Inspiring others: The language of leadership,” Academy of Management Executive, 5 (1), 31-45.
7. Sullivan, J. J. (1998), “Three roles of language in motivational theory,” Academy of Management Review, 13 (1), 104-115.
8. Emrich, G. C., Brower, H. H., Feldman, M. J., Garland, H. (2001), “Images in words: Presidental rhetoric, charisma, and greatness,” Administrative Science Quarterly, 46, 527-557;
9. Z. Milivojević, Emocije, Psihopolis insitut, Novi Sad, 2007, str. 24.
10. Mio, S. J., Riggio, E. R., Levin, S., Reese, R. (2005), „Presidential leadership and charisma: The effects of metaphor,“ Leadership Quarterly, 16, 287-294
11. Yukl, G., Seifert, C. F. (2002), “Preliminary validation research on the extended version of the influence behaviours questionnaire”, paper presented at the Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology annual conference, Toronto. Po navodima Charbonneau, D. (2004), “Influence tactics and perceptions of transformational leadership”, Leadership and Organization Development Journal, 25 (7), 565-576.
Copyright (c) 2010 BizInfo (Blace) Journal of Economics, Management and Informatics
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.