IMPORTANCE OF VULNERABILITY SCANNERS FOR IMPROVING SECURITY AND PROTECTION OF THE WEB SERVERS
Technological development, in particular information and communication technologies (ICT), has caused the most immediate and quickest changes in the everyday way of life of people. The result of this is the world we have today, all around us are computers that are an integral part of our everyday life, while at the same time we use the networks constantly and everywhere. The Internet (the network of all networks) is the media we rely on in our work, gives us answers to all questions, concerns and topics that interest us, helps us learn and transfer data for any purpose. But, Internet often can be an insecure place and that it represents a connection of all those who want to be involved, including those malicious. A very important and very complex step in securing networks and network systems is the vulnerability assessment. Therefore, the paper aims to point out the importance of the vulnerability scanners in improving the security and protection of the web servers.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Once the manuscript is accepted for publication, authors shall transfer the copyright to the Publisher. If the submitted manuscript is not accepted for publication by the journal, all rights shall be retained by the author(s).
Authors grant to the Publisher the following rights to the manuscript, including any supplemental material, and any parts, extracts or elements thereof:
- the right to reproduce and distribute the Manuscript in printed form, including print-on-demand;
- the right to produce prepublications, reprints, and special editions of the Manuscript;
- the right to translate the Manuscript into other languages;
- the right to reproduce the Manuscript using photomechanical or similar means including, but not limited to photocopy, and the right to distribute these reproductions;
- the right to reproduce and distribute the Manuscript electronically or optically on any and all data carriers or storage media – especially in machine readable/digitalized form on data carriers such as hard drive, CD-Rom, DVD, Blu-ray Disc (BD), Mini-Disk, data tape – and the right to reproduce and distribute the Article via these data carriers;
- the right to store the Manuscript in databases, including online databases, and the right of transmission of the Manuscript in all technical systems and modes;
- the right to make the Manuscript available to the public or to closed user groups on individual demand, for use on monitors or other readers (including e-books), and in printable form for the user, either via the internet, other online services, or via internal or external networks.